North West BMW owners forum
Welcome to NW-BMW, the only BMW site for the North West of England.
Free to Register.

If you have any problems logging in please contact Lorenzo. nw-bmw@live.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to NW-BMW, the only BMW site for the North West of England.
Free to Register.

If you have any problems logging in please contact Lorenzo. nw-bmw@live.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photo threads and discussion threads

3 posters

Go down

Photo threads and discussion threads  Empty Photo threads and discussion threads

Post by Remy Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:20 am

A suggestion i've seen work well elsewhere, is that a member has a photo thread of their car and mods and pictures and at the top of their thread they put a link to the discussion thread. And people discuss there, only reason is, sometimes, espec when you start adding pictures of "how its done" it can take a slog getting past the pics iykwim. Or - have a "how to thread" where you keep basic pictures of your motor and updated complete pictures but put the how to picture trail in the how to section

if that makes any sense lol
Remy
Remy

Car(s) : M135i

Back to top Go down

Photo threads and discussion threads  Empty Re: Photo threads and discussion threads

Post by Lorenzo Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:23 am

... not really lol

Do you mean like the journal section...?
Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Admin
Admin

Car(s) : Non BMW for now

http://www.nw-bmw.com

Back to top Go down

Photo threads and discussion threads  Empty Re: Photo threads and discussion threads

Post by Remy Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:45 am

glad that was clear lol

yes - but you have a picture trail and then a discussion thread, so that discussions take place away from the picture thread, meaning less time to load and people realise when new pics have been added.

Its probably not that relevant at this point but often works well as more people uploading. It particulary works well with how to threads.

So maybe a new section called how to and members can put their car mods on there with step by step pics
Remy
Remy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:09 am

do you mean like having 2 seperate sections, one purely for "how to pictures" on whatever topic, and another section on "how to discussion" with individual threads in each for each topic?
Lee
Lee

Car(s) : E90 330d

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:13 am

Kind of - sorry i must rewind

Yes definately a How to Section - so when peeps do a mod on their car - like tabbs has and also loz? with the lights? - this goes on a separate thread / section named How to - take out your lenses........ replace your springs.......

You know so it doesnt clog up the members car pics - is easy for new members to search through when particulary want to know "how to"

forget the discussion bit lol
Remy
Remy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:21 am

I see, so a how to section, purely as a guide for a particular mod. This would work if the threads were locked so people cannot add to them and turn them into a discussion.
Lee
Lee

Car(s) : E90 330d

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down