North West BMW owners forum
Welcome to NW-BMW, the only BMW site for the North West of England.
Free to Register.

If you have any problems logging in please contact Lorenzo. nw-bmw@live.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to NW-BMW, the only BMW site for the North West of England.
Free to Register.

If you have any problems logging in please contact Lorenzo. nw-bmw@live.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what are your opinions on the site?

5 posters

Go down

So what are your opinions on the site? Empty So what are your opinions on the site?

Post by Lee Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:26 am

I thought I would post up this thread as the site has been growing steadily and would value some feedback.

For the more active members, are there any specific things you like / dislike about the site and would like to see changed?

Any thoughts on things to improve the site or just things that you may not like? You can be as specific as you like, eg: any specific types of threads you'd rather see or not see.....

for me I would like to see the promise of forum stickers fullfilled.......

your thoughts.......
Lee
Lee

Car(s) : E90 330d

Back to top Go down

So what are your opinions on the site? Empty Re: So what are your opinions on the site?

Post by Remy Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:31 am

Yes i think some advertising! would not go amiss...

STICKERS haha

i think the gold member fee thing should be removed....... makes us look like knobbers!

I don't mind the thread freedom to be honest. I think a lot of car sites are too strict. Banter usually works well.
Remy
Remy

Car(s) : M135i

Back to top Go down

So what are your opinions on the site? Empty Re: So what are your opinions on the site?

Post by Lorenzo Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:38 am

Hmm I am interested in removing the Gold membership part if you like, I only put it there for when we get bigger and wanted to charge for Gold so we can give them members extra things, like a pair of stickers, or first dibs on club passes... and have a forum kitty for any expenses.

I am going to kick on and concentrate on the site a little more that's my new years resolution, my other is to get these stickers sorted.

Also we do listen and change things for everyone when its agreed its required etc.
Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Admin
Admin

Car(s) : Non BMW for now

http://www.nw-bmw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:42 am

It will be a good idea to get the stickers done and distributed to whoever wants them in the next couple of months, ready for the meets starting up again. One thing i'm unsure on is why do we have links for so many sponsors? Are they actually contributing towards the running of the site? I dont recall seeing them on the site much if at all....
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzo Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:08 am

I have been looking at that I was hoping they would help us out, I don't charge them anything for the space as I want to help North West company's and fellow North West Owners.
Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjay Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:11 am

My opinions????? WELL! Lol it's good for a chat and a laugh! (mainly at loz's expense! Lol Wink ) I feel that certain people 'might' be dragging thier heels! And like I've expressed before (via PM) if there's not a lot of input from ALL the staff then the site doesn't move on as quick as it could!! I'm not having a go here BTW! That's just what I think! (I'd best put that in to avoid a ban!!! Lol)
Lee and Remy you two are on here often adding bits and bobs, but where the hell is Joe? I know phil has a baby and loz has his computers!!! Lol so thier busey (which is fine!?)

Why don't we have a music thread? Ie where we embed music vids from YouTube?? Or is there one already??? I've not looked at the home page in quit some time!
Let's try and have a meet calendar (again if there is one I apologize!) and let's try to organise a few meets, but do it properly, ie not just turn up in maybe this carpark or that carpark! Let's set a date a time and destination and stick to it! And once again I'm not having a dig at carpark meets, let's get together for say some group buys or something like that???
And one last thing................................................................................................................................................................................ WHERE THE FCUK ARE THE STICKERS??????
bigjay
bigjay
Nw-BMW VIP
Nw-BMW VIP

Car(s) : bmw e39 535i

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:13 am

To be fair I dont think they are all of much interest of help to the members. The F1 helmets one for instance. I know for a fact that it doesnt have any appeal to certain members, obviously cant speak for everyone. If its relevant to the site then fair enough. A sponsor should be exactly that though ideally. I appreciate the thinking of helping out local companies so long as its a two way thing, if not then bin them off in my opinion.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:17 am

Jay, I agree on the meet side of things, we need a meet calendar ideally and they need to be clear on time/date/location. Maybe suggest the dates etc on the first post, open it to discussion for a short time before committing to the time without waffling on for pages. It needs input from everyone to make things happen!!!!!!
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzo Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:18 am

Good shout Mr Jay. I never take criticism bad to be honest, as long as its constructive haha.

I was thinking of a YouTube forum to be honest for none BMW related topics, Ill get it done.

I have also have a 7 month old baby.

I am not making an excuse for Joe but he also has a 9 month old baby that shall we say DOES NOT SLEEP. He is up most night so I understand him not being on much. I also mainly have him to help me with any photo shopping etc because he is really good at that. He also has some really good contacts and I do run idea by him a lot to see what he thinks.
Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzo Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:19 am

Lee wrote:Jay, I agree on the meet side of things, we need a meet calendar ideally and they need to be clear on time/date/location. Maybe suggest the dates etc on the first post, open it to discussion for a short time before committing to the time without waffling on for pages. It needs input from everyone to make things happen!!!!!!

There is a calendar...... look at the bar above... if you post on the Meet section I will add it to the calendar.
Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjay Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:30 am

If people are busey then that's fine! I think if there where people who had more time on their hands, they might contribute a bit more??

And loz, we all know the priorities in your life is (in order!)
1. Xbox
2. Baby
3. Pc
4. Other half
5. Ps3
6. Eating
7. Sh1tting
8. Sleeping
9. Tv
10. Work
11. This forum
12-99. Lots of other things!
100. Stickers!!!
Lol only joking fella! I'm sure the stickers are a lot further down than that!!! Haha Wink
bigjay
bigjay
Nw-BMW VIP
Nw-BMW VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjay Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 am

And that calendar Doesn't count! It's just a calendar!!! I think we should have a specific one in the meet section ? Maybe make it a sticky??? Smile
bigjay
bigjay
Nw-BMW VIP
Nw-BMW VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:35 am

Lorenzo wrote:
Lee wrote:Jay, I agree on the meet side of things, we need a meet calendar ideally and they need to be clear on time/date/location. Maybe suggest the dates etc on the first post, open it to discussion for a short time before committing to the time without waffling on for pages. It needs input from everyone to make things happen!!!!!!

There is a calendar...... look at the bar above... if you post on the Meet section I will add it to the calendar.

I was aware of the calendar on the bar at the top. It doesnt appear to have much relevance to the meets though......maybe better linked from the meets section as and when arranged so people looking at meets can clearly see forthcoming event and meets?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:37 am

lmao @ big jay hehe

yes a music forum................ i love music Very Happy

meets......... well it is the new year gents!! weather is coming good!

no retail parks please Very Happy
Remy
Remy

Car(s) : M135i

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjay Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:39 am

Cheers Remy!!! At least you get my humor! Wink
bigjay
bigjay
Nw-BMW VIP
Nw-BMW VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzo Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:50 am

we ALL get your humor now mate. You say it as it is haha
And that's the way it is. We are a small site at the minute and I will admit I need to put a little more time at it and I promise to put at least a hour of everyday to the site from now on. I own it for god sake and you all use it, with Chirstmas and a few new games coming out my eye was taken off the ball a little.
Need to get my car Mot`ed next month but I am in the right place if I need any advice haha.

Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzo Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 am

Youtube and music forums created
Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RobBMW Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:53 pm

I just had a thought!
The thing that annoys me most about this site....
When I arrive at the front page of the site, there is the option to log in at the top (or I can press a link to take me to a seperate page to log in)

Obviously it's quicker to do it from the home page....
So type my username in, but then for ease I press the Tab key to move into the next box to enter my password, however, it instead jumps to the tick/untick box for the option to log me in automoatically. I know it means I just have to press Tab once more, but by habit I usually start typing my password after pressing Tab once without looking (as most websites only require you to press it once), which then prevents me from pressing it again and moving to the password box. So then I have to go all the way over to my mouse and move across the screen to click in the password box!

Just wondered if you could re-arrange these?

It's not a problem for at home as I have it on log me in auto,
but at work I need to keep re-entering my password and it really gets on my nerves!

Cheers
RobBMW
RobBMW
Nw-BMW VIP
Nw-BMW VIP

Car(s) : E36 328i Sport Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by RobBMW Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:11 am

Also, a quick idea I had just then, what about each members own gallery section? So you click on their avatar picture to their profile and within their profile there's a gallery section for the photographs of their cars? Just a though! Would prefer my previous post to be addressed over this one though! Laughing
RobBMW
RobBMW
Nw-BMW VIP
Nw-BMW VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzo Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:32 am

RobBMW wrote:I just had a thought!
The thing that annoys me most about this site....
When I arrive at the front page of the site, there is the option to log in at the top (or I can press a link to take me to a seperate page to log in)

Obviously it's quicker to do it from the home page....
So type my username in, but then for ease I press the Tab key to move into the next box to enter my password, however, it instead jumps to the tick/untick box for the option to log me in automoatically. I know it means I just have to press Tab once more, but by habit I usually start typing my password after pressing Tab once without looking (as most websites only require you to press it once), which then prevents me from pressing it again and moving to the password box. So then I have to go all the way over to my mouse and move across the screen to click in the password box!

Cheers

Dont know if its possible but ill take a look at home tonight.
Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RobBMW Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:46 am

Cheers!
another thing I've just spotted which is going to annoy the hell out of me now:

if you're in the full editor for replying to topics, when you hover over say the smileys, it created a message above the typing area to tell you what you're hovering over, but it moves everything down a bit, then when you move away from it, it all moves back up!
Can things not just stay still? Laughing
RobBMW
RobBMW
Nw-BMW VIP
Nw-BMW VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RobBMW Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:21 am

Also, might just be my works computer, but is it very slow and "laggy" for everyone when scrolling up and down pages?
RobBMW
RobBMW
Nw-BMW VIP
Nw-BMW VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzo Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:09 am

fine for me at home...
Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RobBMW Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:24 am

haha yep, and for me now I checked now I'm home! Must be works computer = crap!
RobBMW
RobBMW
Nw-BMW VIP
Nw-BMW VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down