North West BMW owners forum
Welcome to NW-BMW, the only BMW site for the North West of England.
Free to Register.

If you have any problems logging in please contact Lorenzo. nw-bmw@live.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to NW-BMW, the only BMW site for the North West of England.
Free to Register.

If you have any problems logging in please contact Lorenzo. nw-bmw@live.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I like! How Kazakhstan pair squeezed new car into a VAN to take it 2,200 miles to the home of Borat

4 posters

Go down

I like! How Kazakhstan pair squeezed new car into a VAN to take it 2,200 miles to the home of Borat Empty I like! How Kazakhstan pair squeezed new car into a VAN to take it 2,200 miles to the home of Borat

Post by Lorenzo Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:28 am

Two daring car owners from Kazakhstan came up with a novel way of transporting their new vehicle home from Germany - by wedging it inside a van to save on the cost of a trailer.

When they were unable to wheel the silver Mazda 626 inside the right way up because it was too wide, they rolled it onto its side to squeeze it in.
The men, who come from the same country as Sacha Baron Cohen's comic character Borat, put a mattress underneath the car and supported it with cushions.

They were planning on driving it 2,200 miles home from Bargteheide, near Hamburg.
But Konstanty Krol, 38, and Cezar Chmielewski, 28, were pulled over by police en route to Kazakhstan after they spotted the van lurching from side to side.

The men - who had managed to load the car with some help from friends - even disguised the unusual cargo by covering the windows with newspaper.
A police spokesman said the van and the car were confiscated and the men ordered to return with a proper transporter for the car before they would be allowed to continue the journey.

I like! How Kazakhstan pair squeezed new car into a VAN to take it 2,200 miles to the home of Borat Car_in10
Van-cy that: The truckers from Kazakhstan squeezed this Mazda 626 into the back of their van perched on top of a mattress to drive it home from Germany. They were stopped by police

I like! How Kazakhstan pair squeezed new car into a VAN to take it 2,200 miles to the home of Borat Car_in11
Tight fit: The white van's windows were covered in newspaper disguising the fact that a car was inside. Police stopped the vehicle when they noticed it swaying

I like! How Kazakhstan pair squeezed new car into a VAN to take it 2,200 miles to the home of Borat Car_in13
Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Admin
Admin

Car(s) : Non BMW for now

http://www.nw-bmw.com

Back to top Go down

I like! How Kazakhstan pair squeezed new car into a VAN to take it 2,200 miles to the home of Borat Empty Re: I like! How Kazakhstan pair squeezed new car into a VAN to take it 2,200 miles to the home of Borat

Post by Phil Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:07 am

WTF!? lol!
Phil
Phil
Admin
Admin

Car(s) : Range Rover Sport

Back to top Go down

I like! How Kazakhstan pair squeezed new car into a VAN to take it 2,200 miles to the home of Borat Empty Re: I like! How Kazakhstan pair squeezed new car into a VAN to take it 2,200 miles to the home of Borat

Post by Remy Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Where theres a will theres a way lol
Remy
Remy

Car(s) : M135i

Back to top Go down

Post by jpick Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:44 pm

there's two of em, why not disable the odometer and tow it?
take turns to be the buttock clencher in the car Very Happy
jpick
jpick
Nw-BMW VIP
Nw-BMW VIP

Car(s) : no bmw's, sold for a banana, still like to keep up with things tho!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum